Veterinary Assistant/Licensed Technician
We are looking for a compassionate veterinary technician or assistant to join our organization. Candidate will be responsible for performing administrative tasks, assisting veterinary staff in examining and monitoring animal patients, and maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in exam and operating rooms. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn new skills and develop their talents as an assistant. Must have a passion for caring for animals, and excellent customer-service skills as the veterinary assistant will work directly with animal owners.
Veterinary Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification a plus; Associate’s degree or course credit in veterinary technology or animal science from an American Veterinary Medical Association-accredited program a plus
- One (1) year previous experience in animal care or in a clinic preferred but not required
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proficient computer skills, including typing
- Basic understanding of animal behavior and health care
- Passion for working with animals and their owners
- Interpersonal communication skills to communicate with owners and other veterinary staff
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous different patient needs at one time
- Attention to detail in order to maintain accurate patient records
- Physical ability to restrain larger pets when necessary and lift 50 lb
We believe in providing gentle care, high quality medicine and surgery and promoting the bond between animals and their people. Gentle care means taking time to learn animal behavior and cues and recognizing the needs of every animal on an individual basis.
Salary base on experience. email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 503-585-1701